Haven’t been here yet? Need instructions or help? First of all we strongly suggest taking a look at some of our tips below. In case you are in any doubt or need an extra suggestions or how to travel or which route to take, where to rent a car or anything similar, please feel free to contact. Our office is in Vela Luka port, just by the ferry and airport terminal.
Korcula Island is amongst the biggest in the Croatian Adriatic and certainly best connected to the mainland. Western end, Vela Luka is connected to Split by daily ferry lines, while the eastern end, Korcula Town is connected to the peninsula Peljesac by a ferry on a short crossing of just 15 minutes on a frequent ferry line.
Here are the tips:
To get here are several options, depending on the means of transport.
- By car you can drive to Split and on by ferry to Vela Luka, or to Orebić and on by ferry to Korcula town.
National ferry company is Jadrolinija. www.jadrolinija.hr
1. The most regular choice is to take a car ferry in Split on a direct line to Vela Luka and be here in 2h45min. It operates twice per day. Timetable according to the season.
Besides this option, there is also a possibility of:
2. driving all the way to Orebić (peninsula Peljesac) to take the ferry to Korčula (15min), Jadrolinija-line 634. Timetable according to the season.
From Dubrovnik, simply drive in direction to Split and take the turn direction Korčula at Ston to reach Orebić.
- By plane you should choose Split or Dubrovnik airport, which are the closest to the island.
- from Split to Vela Luka you have a ferry line twice a day: Jadrolinija-line 604, and a passenger catamaran once a day: Jadrolinija-line 9604.
-from Split to Korcula Town there is also a passenger catamaran with a company Krilo. www.krilo.hr
There is a bus service from Dubrovnik to Vela Luka operating twice per day. www.arriva.com.hr
We recommend having a car during your stay on the island.
Cars can be rented at the airports or locally. There are also taxi services in each town to get you across or to your accommodation.
Please do not hesitate to contact if you need assistance in renting a car locally.